Podcasting for Social Change: Five Steps for Creating Podcasts to Prevent Sexual Violence
Podcasting has become an increasingly popular way to receive information, education about social justice issues, and mobilize communities. Participants will learn the basics for making a podcast – from honing the idea in their head through recording it and delivering it to the listener’s ears. The session will cover the five major phases for making a podcast:
- Phase One – Ideation phase: Learn suggested approaches for picking and/or honing an idea for your audience and goals.
- Phase Two – Pre-production: Learn approaches and best practices for pre-production, creating a content plan, and identifying the people and tools you’ll need.
- Phase Three – Production: Learn best practices and tips for recording and production
- Phase Four – Post-production: Learn the basic concepts for editing and how to make the most of your recordings.
- Phase Five – Distribution and Marketing: Learn how to market and distribute your podcast after it’s produced.
- Identify and describe the five phases of making a podcast.
- Describe a plan for creating content and marketing.
- Identify the equipment and software needed to record, produce, and distribute a podcast.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty